Wireless Switch to Wireless Switch operation help.

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Engelkott, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Engelkott

    Engelkott Guest


    I have a Netgear switch which is working nicely but next month i am
    switching to a cable modem which will have the modem sitting on the
    other side of the apartment.

    Naturally i don't want to run wires around the place so i was
    wondering if i can use another Netgear wireless router to receive the
    signal from the first one?

    I looked at wireless bridges and the like but the fastest Netgear one
    i have seen is only 54mbps. I need 108mbps.

    Thanks for any advice in advance,

    Engelkott, Aug 13, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. If your Netgear model have option "Reapeting", "Bridge", "Client Mode"
    you can do it.
    Another cheap AP what have this options is Planet AP's and maybe you
    could use them.

    Best Regards
    Marcin Gaszewski
    Marcin Gaszewski, Aug 13, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Engelkott

    Engelkott Guest

    Thanks for the feedback!

    Engelkott, Aug 13, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.