Wireless Access Point Recommendation

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by mcbaerentzen, Nov 15, 2012.

1. mcbaerentzen

mcbaerentzen

Hello people of Network Builders,

This is my first post, so I don't know if it's placed in the correct forum, but here goes :)

I'm currently assigned the task of purchasing new wireless access points, for our offices, at my workplace.

We've previously been using "HP V-M200" access points, but we encoutered heavy throughput problems with these. During my tests of the network, I've seen these APs decrease their tranfer-rate to 30Mb, during file-transfer and ping-test. The issue here is concerning the transfer-rate from the Network Interface Card of my laptop to the wireless AP (did an iptraf while testing, and then noticed the 30Mb).

Suffice to say, we're after the best of the best in wireless technology, but our realistic demands are as follows:
    - Supports 802.11n, a-b and g.
    - Supports up to 2 ESSIDS.
    - Supports VLAN.
    - Supports WPA2 and RADIUS.

Any suggestions? Or is there somebody with some good experience, with certain APs that fulfills these criteria?

mcbaerentzen, Nov 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. mcbaerentzen

Passco9794

I'm still in college for networking but I would look into some of the Cisco routers. Some of them can be expensive but they're the best thing I have found.

Passco9794, Nov 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question