windows ip configuration internal error

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by nbp, May 27, 2010.

1. nbp

nbp Guest

Hi there,

I am not able to connect to the internet from my windows xp home machine. It
    seems that the TCP/IP on my notebook is messed up. I am getting the following
    message. Any idea how to fix this or what would be causing this?! I tried the
    command "netsh int ip reset" and rebooted my computer but I still get the
    same message. There seems to be no way out other than reinstalling windows XP
    home edition. Any ideas/suggestions?! Thanks for your help in advance.

Windows ip configuration

An internal error occurred: the request is not supported.

Please contact Microsoft product support services for further help.

Additional information: unable to query host name.

nbp, May 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. nbp

Barb Bowman Guest

this newsgroup (which is going away in a few days) was established for the
    support of the now discontinued Microsoft branded networking hardware. for your
    issue, try a system restore to a day when things were working. if that does not
    work, please repost in one of the new Answers forums.
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads

Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

Barb Bowman, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. nbp

Jack Jones

Undoubtedly, technology problems hold you and your company back. That's not good for business and as such it's a great idea to get the problems fixed quickly. For several small companies, small business computer support isn't confined to one person within the company; rather, it is tech support that is called in.

Jack Jones, Jul 2, 2010
  4. nbp

john steve

I have a laptop that is not able to connect to the internet. It was working one night and the next day it couldn't connect. The network card is working, but I get the following message when doing an ipconfig:

Windows IP configuration An internal error occurred: The request is not supported. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help. Additional information: Unable to query host name.

I have searched support on Microsoft's website and now Dell's. I can't even remember now all that I have done. I did a repair on WIndows XP, uninstalled/reinstalled the network card. I even went into the registry to do suggestions. The computer as far as I can tell is not getting an ip address. I even tried putting in a static ip address hoping that this would work, but it didn't.I would appreciate ANY help with this that anyone may offer.

john steve, Aug 28, 2011
  5. nbp

Stella John

wow such a nice and good thread i found here,,as well as also you are providing good info,,and i will must say its just due to yours all the efforts and hard work which can be seen here.i am so glad to post on this..this has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here....good work,,good luck..:)

Stella John, Oct 18, 2011
  6. nbp

jhon076

Internet not working - failed to query tcp/ip and ipconfig internal error after spyware/virus scan removal?
    I ran a couple of spyware scanners and my AntiVir scanner, but after eliminating what they found, I can't get on the internet anymore. When I try to repair the connection, it immediately pops up with a box saying something like "windows cannot continue repairing... failed to query tcp/ip." I've tried numerous things but they haven't done anything.

Also, I tried to use System Restore, but the restore points must be corrupted or something because each time I try to restore to an earlier time, the system restore says "installation incomplete," so I guess that is out of the picture? I am able to make new restore points I just can't restore to the points.

I also get this when I try doing any ipconfig commands in cmd. "Windows IP Configuration
    An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.
    Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
    Additional information: Unable to query host name."

jhon076, Nov 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question