Win 10 / Linux Mint / Samba

Discussion in 'Routers and Switches' started by Ebmm, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Ebmm

Ebmm

In my network is (1) WiFi router, (1) WiFi printer, (2) Win 10 machines and (1) Linux Mint 17.2 with Samba configured for file sharing. Shortly after setting up Samba on the Linux, the one Win 10 machine could see itself, the other Win 10 machine, the Linux machine (and files), the printer, and the router (basically everything). The 2nd Win 10 machine can only see itself, the other Win 10, and the printer (printer is locally installed on both Win 10 machines and it's own internal server is configured on the WiFi network).

Now to discover, it's not that the other Win 10 can't see the rest of the network (router, Linux), it's that the two Win 10s can't both connect/see at the same time. What seeing the router has to do with this, I have no clue yet when the Linux is seen, so is the router.

Because both Win machines are on the same MS account, it seems to "confuse" samba as I'll have to restart samba shortly after both Win 10s are up. Just one up, all is well.

I surely do not want to have to use a local login on one and I also can't believe that would be the only way. There are 1000s of Win machines on the same MS account for obvious reasons. In CMD prompt, each Win has a different user name and both computers also have a different name. Both computers share the same Email that, apparently, MS uses for the account and such.

This is an issue whether I'm viewing the network in the network folder or mapping a drive to the Linux.

Any ideas?

Thx

Ebmm, Dec 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question