WiFi-based Positioning System (Uni project)

Discussion in 'General Networking Discussion' started by acpeace92, Dec 4, 2014.

1. acpeace92

acpeace92

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys and gals could possibly give me any advice. I'm currently in my last year of a Computer Networking BSc course at uni and I have chosen to build a prototype Indoor Positioning System for my individual final year project. The problem is that I am going into this project blind since I have never learnt about IPS tech before.

I'm thinking of using the "fingerprint method" for my prototype and I have decided to use the multiple pre-installed WiFi APs which provide connection for roaming devices down two joint corridors (in the uni campus bulding) and my own laptop which will act as the host. What I am currently stuck on, is deciding what other resources I will need to build this prototype, especially on the software side since I will need a way to calculate and display the approximate physical position of the host.

Any advice would be much appreciated about this project.

Thanks for reading :)

acpeace92, Dec 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question