Virtual Box, Linux , networking

Discussion in 'Software' started by jtt89, Nov 20, 2011.

1. jtt89

jtt89

I want to set up LAMP on Virtual Box on Windows7. I am wondering if it is possible to (regular cable modem from ISP connected to desktop through ethernet port, dynamic IP)

1) Connect from Windows7 to Linux (Apache, MySQL-server, etc...)
    2) Connect from Linux to the Internet
    3) Connect from Windows 7 to the Internet

...all at the same time?

Thank you.

jtt89, Nov 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. jtt89

jtt89

From VB support forum I know that I need to have 2 Adapters in Network settings: 1 - Host-only Adapter (to connect CentOS on VB to Win7) and 2 - NAT (to enable Internet access for CentOS).

Besides that there are some other things, like changing hostname in Linux and making changes in configuration files, like /etc/httpd/config/httpd.config and /etc/sysconfig/network

Another thing is that I dont know what address to use if I want to connect to Apache from IE on Win7, what address to use with SSH etc...

jtt89, Nov 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. jtt89

jtt89

I am trying to stick to the option of Host-only Adapter + NAT (as suggested on VB support forum), but I cant get it to work at all. I got some pictures here: joliett89.comli.com

jtt89, Nov 21, 2011
  4. jtt89

ahmadsheikh56

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your thread.

ahmadsheikh56, Oct 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question