Problem with a D-Link DI-604 router.......

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Brian, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Brian

Brian Guest

Got a fairly new DI-604 revE router that failed a firmware update. It had firmware 3.38 and I
    downloaded 3.53 from D-Link. I began the firmware update with IE6 and after a few seconds I got
    an error saying something like "Incorrect formatted media" or something like that. I clicked OK
    and the router said it was rebooting. Well, that was the end of that!!! Now when I try to access the
    router I get "Firmware Upgrade" with a box that says "Browse for file" and a button that says "Send"
    in IE6 . I click Browse and select the proper firmware, then click "Send" it tries sending the
    firmware to the router for a few seconds than I get "Page not Found"...... I googled for help and
    found all kinds of ways to reset the router to a working state again but none worked.

I bought 2 of these routers new 2 years ago. Ones in use but has started acting up. This one was
    the backup router for when the first one failed...... I used the same firmware a few weeks ago
    trying to resurrect the first router that's acting flaky but it didn't help, that router is still
    screwing up, but not from the firmware upgrade. I really need to get this new router back up and
    running if at all possible...... Anyone know of a way to force a flash on this router or a way to
    reset it that works ?????

Thanks in advance
    Brian

Brian, Aug 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. It may have been a bad software download of the firmware Check at
    http://www.mydumbblogs.com/technology/d-link-di-604-firmware.html for a list
    of available firmware.

With the right hardware revision even an older rev firmware is better than a
    totally non-working unit.

Might be worth a read at this link as well.
    http://www.routertech.org/viewtopic.php?t=2550

GlowingBlueMist, Aug 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question