print server vpn connection

Discussion in 'Software' started by Supremacy618, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Supremacy618

Supremacy618

I work in an information systems department that handles private physician practices. We have leased a server farm that is remotely hosted which maintains all of the programs our clients access. Each client has a VPN configured on a cisco pix or asa so that they are able to RDP into the remote machines to access their applications. I'm having difficulty with one of the practices. From the print server on our remote server cluster i can http into and ping each printer at the doctors office. The VPN is up and working correctly. They are using ATT Uverse as their service provider. I have the firewall on the ISP modem disabled and we are not blocking traffic in our Cisco configuration. However they are unable to print while in their RDP session. The printers list as "offline" from the print server. It does not make sense to me since i can access each device from the remote machines. Could there be ports that ATT has blocked by default that Windows 2003 x64 server use to handle network printing over vpn?

Supremacy618, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question