POwer adaptor to power laptop and LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by blackboab, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. blackboab

    blackboab Guest

    I have a laptop with no screen connected to an LCD monitor which I
    want to use in a caravan.

    I would like an adaptor which has a dual output to power both the LCD
    Monitor and the laptop from the
    one input socket (DC or AC it doesnt matter).

    I saw one on ebay a few weeks ago but i havent been able to find it

    can anyone help me remember what its called ?
    blackboab, Jul 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. blackboab

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    Can't you just plug them both into the mains? Or am I missing something
    Jon, Jul 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. blackboab

    Lurch Guest

    I'm a little confused as well. The device described sounds a bit odd
    tbh, what is wrong with using 2 PSU's and an adapter?
    Lurch, Jul 31, 2007
  4. blackboab

    Mortimer Guest

    The operative word is "caravan". Assuming that the caravan doesn't have its
    own 12V to 240V inverter (if it's a touring caravan) or a permanent 240V
    mains supply (if it's a static caravan), you need to buy an inverter from
    somewhere like Halfords to drive it from a car battery. I've got one which
    can supply up to 120W which would be more than enough to supply a laptop and
    an LCD monitor. To power both devices from the inverter, use a multi-block
    Mortimer, Jul 31, 2007
  5. blackboab

    Lurch Guest

    The OP said 'DC or AC it doesnt matter', which confused me.

    I think this a hard way of asking a simple question, which only
    requires a simple answer!
    Lurch, Jul 31, 2007
  6. blackboab

    blackboab Guest

    yes it was a bit confusing,

    the reason i asked for one input with 2 outputs was for simplification

    I just thought it would be nice to have one plug ( cigar lighter or 3-
    pin plug for my inverter ) rather than two.

    I believe these devices are made by LInd but they are very expensive
    so I have just bought 2 universal laptop power adaptors. One for the
    laptop and one for the monitor.

    THey are both 3-pin and I will plug them both into my
    shaggerator ....sorry .... inverter via a 4 way strip.
    blackboab, Jul 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.