Please help, Wireless-wired-wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by greenlight, Apr 3, 2013.

1. greenlight

greenlight

I have a project that I am stuck on and cannot figure out for the life of me. I am using wireless internet and the edge of the signal for my desktop via usb wifi card. I am wanting to extend my wireless via lan/ethernet cable to a router elswhere on the property so we can access the internet via the newly connected router.

There is not a way to get the signal to the router via cable due to the distance to the other portion of the property. I have all the equipment to do this and I wish not to spend the money for a repeater as of now due to my wallet not supporting so.

We have a bungalow at the edge of the wireless signal where we access it fine. I want to have wireless beyond that in the woods on a laptop. I can run the lan cord to the other side of the bungalow and place a router in the window to get my signal to where we go. I have already tested that.

I cannot get the router to access the net. I have turned on internet connection sharing in XP. Set the IP to 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

What am I missing here? Router IP 192.168.1.1 dhcp enabled.

I cannot ping the xp computer through the router.

Please advise what I need to do.

Thanks so much.

Greenlight

greenlight, Apr 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question