Pipex Wireless Router problems

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by NeilMacG, Oct 30, 2007.

1. NeilMacG

NeilMacG

Hi,

I'm new here and hoping you can help.

In my day job I design corporate IT infrastructure so I don't have too much difficulty understanding network technology but the problems I have been having with Pipex and ADSL routers is really doing my head in.

I live in Newbury (Berks) and on 27 June I came down in the morning to find my Belkin Wireless G router that had worked continuously for many months was no longer ADSL connected. There then followed an extended series of phone calls with Pipex to try and resolve the problem.

As part of the troubleshooting I tried my old Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem and that powered up fine and connected to Pipex ADSL no problem. I therefore put the problem down to a hardware fault with the Belkin Router.

A couple of months later having been without wireless, I went and bought a Zoom ADSL Wireless Router + Switch to replace the Belkin. Guess what - there was still no ADSL connection the ADSL line light remained in a flashing (handshake) state.

I've just got round to testing this and the Belkin again and speaking to Pipex.

Pipex asked me to try making changes. From PPoA to PPoE. Vc-MUX to LLC but these don't make any difference. One other change they asked was to set the MTU rate to 1200, however neither device supports setting this value (the Zoom not at all and the Belkin will only go as low as 1400 - both devices on latest firmware).

Given that Pipex was in the process of changing over from BT to LLU equipment (starting on 27/05/07 according to Samknows for THNU exchange) I suspect that this is where the source of the problem lies. The question is how do I challenge Pipex/BT about it. Or should I admit defeat with Pipex and start again with another ISP?

Neil

NeilMacG, Oct 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question