panel mounted RJ45 socket

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by none, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. none

    none Guest


    I'm trying to source a panel (2.5mm thick) mounted RJ45 ethernet
    socket, ideally a back to back socket, but I would use a socket to
    (In fact the PERFECT thing would be a panel mounted socket with about
    20-30cm of cable and a plug)

    All I can seem to find is large weatherproof panel mounted things. I
    need the max panel usage in shortest direction to be of the order of

    Can anyone point me to a source.

    none, Aug 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. none

    Rob Morley Guest

    What exactly are you trying to do?
    Rob Morley, Aug 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. like a coupler to fit between two male plugs ??

    Phil Thompson, Aug 9, 2005
  4. none

    Owen Rees Guest

    I am not really sure I understand what you are looking for, but Google
    for "panel mount rj45 socket" turned up a link that led to
    <> but that looks like a
    trade supplier who will not be interested small orders.

    Screwfix deal in small quantities over the net and they have some RJ45
    kit but I don't know if it is what you are looking for.
    Owen Rees, Aug 9, 2005
  5. none

    none Guest

    Hi owen,

    That is almost exactly what I want, in fact I have one from that link
    here from RS.

    However, it's a pig to fit to a panel. I had one before that had a blue
    plastic piece with it, it was a damn chinese puzzle to work out how to
    fit. The RS one has no blue bit, and isn't really any good for 2.5mm

    That kind of thing tho.

    I did google a fair bit, but I got the other IP67 industrial one
    none, Aug 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.