Need batch file to turn-off a service based on currently connected wireless network

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by rishikant, Aug 24, 2011.

1. rishikant

rishikant

Hello Mates:

I am a newbie to this forum and need some help. I use my official laptop for both office and personal work. The problem I face is that my office IT guys have installed some application which runs a service (to automatically connect to my office WAN) on my system which i don't want to run when I am at home as the WAN maintains a history of all the sites I visit.

So, I need a batch file which I can place at start-up (or schedule to run at some other event) which will check which wireless network am I connected to (Office Wireless 1 or Office Wireless 2, or Home Wireless 1) and if Home Wireless 1 is connected then turn off the service (Service 1).

Can someone please spend some time and provide me a solution for my problem. The only constraint which I see with this approach is that since it takes my machine some time to connect to any wireless network, placing this batch file at startup may not help. I think it should be scheduled to run when my machine connects to a wireless network. Please help me out here....

Thanks in advance.

rishikant, Aug 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. rishikant

rishikant

Can someone help me out here please....its very important for me to do this. Thanks in advance

rishikant, Oct 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question