Multiple Networks with one set of access points.

Discussion in 'General Networking Discussion' started by sw7747, Nov 22, 2015.

1. sw7747

sw7747

Hello, i have a large building which is oval shape with a large courtyard in the middle.

currently this building has two separate networks with two different broadband connections.

Network 1 is used for 3PCs 2 Network printers, 1 credit card terminal and CCTV viewing from offsite and uses broadband connection A and has CCTV, card machine and 1 pc connected via ethernet and everything else via wifi.

Network 2 has 1 computer connected to it and is currently providing a small area of free wifi using broadband connection B

I have also a set of 4 Unifi AP-LR access points which will allow zero handoff roaming. these are capable of running multiple wireless networks, however will need to be connected physically to the network.

using the unifi units i should have full wifi coverage however the networks do need to be seperate as the connection a is owned by one business and has a small data allowence and connection b had unlimited both networks need wifi coverage to cover all of the site but i need network 1 to connect to network 1 and network 2 to network 2

i think this is possible to do using a switch with vlans, is this something that i can do and how would it need to be set up

sw7747, Nov 22, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question