Mailwasher Pro Alternative

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by R.Daneel Olivaw, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?
     
    R.Daneel Olivaw, Sep 14, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Dave Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:05:28 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?
    >

    www.spamihilator.com

    been using it for a while now and it's the dog's bollocks
     
    Dave, Sep 14, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Many thanx - I will give it a go!

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:05:28 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?
    >>

    > www.spamihilator.com
    >
    > been using it for a while now and it's the dog's bollocks
     
    R.Daneel Olivaw, Sep 14, 2005
    #3
  4. R.Daneel Olivaw

    7 Guest

    R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?


    Try installing Linux alternative for mail and browsers.
    The liveCDs boot and run from CD if you just want to trial them
    http://www.livecdlist.com/ (about 300 there alone!)
    Thing like Mepis have spamassasin built into the mail program
    so that it files thing under spam by looking at black list
    databases. All free and one up by techies.
     
    7, Sep 14, 2005
    #4
  5. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:31:31 UTC, 7
    <> wrote:

    > R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?

    >
    > Try installing Linux alternative for mail and browsers.
    > The liveCDs boot and run from CD if you just want to trial them
    > http://www.livecdlist.com/ (about 300 there alone!)
    > Thing like Mepis have spamassasin built into the mail program
    > so that it files thing under spam by looking at black list
    > databases. All free and one up by techies.


    Or just get a port of something like bogofilter...it does a *great* job
    on my spam, by the time my mail server has used the blacklist and I've
    filtered out some obvious protocol violations.

    Linux is OK, but just a UNIX wannabe. Might as well get BSD and do it
    properly.

    --
    [ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
    to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
    Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
    euthanasia recommended. ]
     
    Bob Eager, Sep 14, 2005
    #5
  6. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?

    I`ve got a could of old betas from before it went commercial online at
    http://www.coreutilities.co.uk

    --
    Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
    **** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****
     
    Colin Wilson, Sep 14, 2005
    #6
  7. R.Daneel Olivaw

    BIGEYE Guest

    "R.Daneel Olivaw" <> wrote in message
    news:4328585d$0$97116$...
    > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?
    >


    Mailwasher Pro Cracked!
     
    BIGEYE, Sep 14, 2005
    #7
  8. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "R.Daneel Olivaw" <> wrote in message
    news:4328585d$0$97116$
    > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?


    Not free but reasonably priced and works well - www.spamsubtract.com

    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Sep 14, 2005
    #8
  9. LordSmickerAbacha, Sep 14, 2005
    #9
  10. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Linker3000 Guest

    R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?
    >
    >

    Yes - this is the biz:

    Magic Mail Monitor

    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/
     
    Linker3000, Sep 14, 2005
    #10
  11. R.Daneel Olivaw

    7 Guest

    Bob Eager wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:31:31 UTC, 7
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?

    >>
    >> Try installing Linux alternative for mail and browsers.
    >> The liveCDs boot and run from CD if you just want to trial them
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com/ (about 300 there alone!)
    >> Thing like Mepis have spamassasin built into the mail program
    >> so that it files thing under spam by looking at black list
    >> databases. All free and one up by techies.

    >
    > Or just get a port of something like bogofilter...it does a great job
    > on my spam, by the time my mail server has used the blacklist and I've
    > filtered out some obvious protocol violations.



    Yeah but it has difficulty filtering out idiots like you doesn't it?


    > Linux is OK, but just a UNIX wannabe. Might as well get BSD and do it
    > properly.
    >
    > [ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
    > to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
    > Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
    > euthanasia recommended. ]


    Idiot!
     
    7, Sep 15, 2005
    #11
  12. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Sep 15, 2005
    #12
  13. On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:56:07 +0100, "Ivor Jones" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >
    >"R.Daneel Olivaw" <> wrote in message
    >news:4328585d$0$97116$
    >> Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Mailwasher Pro?

    >
    >Not free but reasonably priced and works well - www.spamsubtract.com
    >
    >Ivor
    >



    GSC Spamcombat is also worth the ticket price.


    greg
    --
    "Access to a waiting list is not access to health care"
     
    Greg Hennessy, Sep 15, 2005
    #13
  14. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > Same old links Stefan!


    Im sorry my name is Smicker, Smicker Abacher
     
    LordSmickerAbacha, Sep 15, 2005
    #14
  15. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Paul Guest

    LordSmickerAbacha wrote:

    > Im sorry my name is Smicker, Smicker Abacher


    No, its STEFAN J KANIUK from LANCASHIRE and please stop changing names
    for those that don't want to see you.

    I just wish I could block your IP address.
     
    Paul, Sep 15, 2005
    #15
  16. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:dgbkb3$cb8$-infra.bt.com...

    Is it thats funny last time i looked i lived in Prestbury, i think you will
    find any address you think you have found on google or elsewhere will lead
    you to nothing.
     
    LordSmickerAbacha, Sep 15, 2005
    #16
  17. R.Daneel Olivaw

    Mike Tullett Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:01:55 +0000 (UTC), Paul wrote in
    <news:dgbkb3$cb8$-infra.bt.com>
    > LordSmickerAbacha wrote:
    >> Im sorry my name is Smicker, Smicker Abacher


    > No, its STEFAN J KANIUK from LANCASHIRE and please stop changing names
    > for those that don't want to see you.
    >
    > I just wish I could block your IP address.


    I'm lucky with my newsreader in that IP addresses can be blocked. So his
    posts have been invisible to me for weeks now. It was only this morning
    that I suggested to Microsoft Beta that the next version of OE has such a
    filter in it as well.


    --
    Mike Coleraine 55.13°N 6.69°W posted 15/09/2005 11:30:09 UTC
     
    Mike Tullett, Sep 15, 2005
    #17
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. Renato

    Is this board a good alternative to the PC?

    Renato, Feb 25, 2005, in forum: Windows Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    387
    Renato
    Feb 25, 2005
  2. Terry Pinnell

    OT: Mailwasher bouncing

    Terry Pinnell, Apr 16, 2004, in forum: Broadband
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    735
    Tiscali Tim
    Apr 30, 2004
  3. Terry Pinnell
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    318
    Darran West
    May 22, 2004
  4. jimmy mac

    sharing a wireless connection between xp pro/2000 pro

    jimmy mac, Nov 29, 2004, in forum: Broadband Hardware
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    334
    Jim Cofer
    Nov 30, 2004
  5. Mike
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    323
  6. Terry Pinnell

    OT: Mailwasher error message

    Terry Pinnell, Nov 14, 2008, in forum: Broadband
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    289
    Andrew Price
    Nov 15, 2008
  7. Tim Fickes

    Laptop WinXP pro - Linksys WCG200 - PC Win2k pro

    Tim Fickes, Jul 29, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networks
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    309
    Tim Fickes
    Jul 29, 2004
  8. Guy

    Wireless network Win XP Pro - Win2k Pro

    Guy, Jul 23, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networks
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    326
Loading...