Link aggregation 802.3ad

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by the, Oct 31, 2012.

1. the

the Guest

I've got something that is driving me nuts.

I;ve setup port aggregation (mode 4 802.3ad) on a linux box, and switch. Linux is RHEL 6.3, switch is a SG 200-50. When i set this up, everything worked wonderfully, got much better bandwidth to the clients, very happy. Well today, we had some connection problems that were unrelated, but during trouble shooting i restarted the network service. only about half the clientscould then ping the server. If i disjoined a port from the bond on the theswitch, all clients could see the server, OR if i unplugged 1 cable from the server, all clients could again see the server. Didn't matter which cable i unplugged. I decided to recreate the bond on the switch, and now, somehosts that couldn't see the server could, and some that could see the server couldn't. My solution right now is i unplugged 1 cable. I'm not too surewhat is going on here. My best guess is the server and switch have dissimilar information in their bonding cache. Does anyone have any ideas? will power cycling the switch fix this?

the, Oct 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question