Hi new to forum need help with network slow spped

Discussion in 'Routers and Switches' started by wrx fifer, Jun 20, 2015.

1. wrx fifer

wrx fifer

Hi folks so this is my first post and hopefully someone can help me, so I have just upgraded to BT broadband infinity which is supposed to up to 32mbps which is a great jump from what I had at a decent price, however it was mainly for my own htpc which I use every day.
    Anyway I seem to be getting the full 32MBPS and even up to 38mbps on everything in the house, laptops, my sons pc lesser spec than mine, and 10 metre cable running to router from his room etc. in another room, xboxs tablets and phones and all seem to be fine!! BUT NOT on my main computer!! which I am not happy about and was the main reason to upgrade was for to get it on THIS PC. and clearly must be an issue with the pc somewhere.
    specification is

SILVERSTONE HTPC
    WINDOWS 7 64bit
    asrock FM2A78 PRO4+ motherboard
    AMD A6-7400K radeon r5 6 core 2 cpu 4 graphics 3.5ghz cpu
    8gb ddr 3 dual channel memory
    onboard graphics with amd apu cpu
    blu ray drive
    Hauppage Nova tv card (not used)
    2x 500g sata hard drives

software on my pc is
    free avast antivirus
    Microsoft office 2007
    minecraft (sons)
    some adobe stuff
    some amd stuff, disc from motherboard
    google chrome
    and some films and music

the pc is wired to my BT hub 5 with a 1 metre Ethernet cable so sits fairly close, cable is new and have tried a different cable? also tried various ports on rear of hub 5, with no difference!!
    Just started the computer up in safe mode with networking and done a speed test using the BT.speedtest. wholesale site checker and got a result of 35.82mbps download speed so DELIGHTED AT THAT, but means there must be an issue somewhere on my pc that I need to sort? but god knows where to start!!???

PLEASE HELP ME LOL
    Grant

wrx fifer, Jun 20, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. wrx fifer

wrx fifer

any and all help welcome, and please just treat me as a novice lol

wrx fifer, Jun 20, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question