Have a router 3 computers hooked up desktops windows XP (2) laptop Window Me (1)

Discussion in 'Windows Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?YXVudGllbQ==?=, Mar 4, 2004.

1. My brother has a router with 3 computers...two desktops with window's xp and a lap top with windows me
    Can he have Norton Anti-virus protection on the window's xp ones than put McAfee on the laptop? They all have the same email addresses
    He had Norton on all 3 but than all of a sudden the lap top (window's Me) wouldn't update,so he uninstalled it and tried to put it back in and does all the loading than at the end doesn't finish with this: Insert disk Norton Internet Security label
    And the installation does not proceed
    Does he have to uninstall Norton from the 2 desktops too? Than reinstall them all again with Norton

And if he wants to install McAfee instead to his Laptop (windows Me)can he just do that. All 3 have the same address

Waiting for anyones Reply (if anyone understand this

=?Utf-8?B?YXVudGllbQ==?=, Mar 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. AV software on one PC will not interfere with software on another.

Hope you have multiple licenses for your Norton.

McAfee on the laptop? They all have the same email addresses.
    wouldn't update,so he uninstalled it and tried to put it back in and does
    all the loading than at the end doesn't finish with this: Insert disk Norton
    Internet Security label .
    just do that. All 3 have the same address.

Rob Elder, MVP-Networking, Mar 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question