executable on fileshare getting exclusive lock (write+read) on itselfwhile other users already acces

Discussion in 'Windows Networking' started by Tim Bosman, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Tim Bosman

Tim Bosman Guest

hi all,
    i'm currently experiencing a locking problem with a client.
    They run our software from a shared directory on sbs2003 SP2 on windows 7 64-bit clients
    when looking at compmgmt - open files i see locks from multiple users in open mode "read", then after a while a user quits and relaunches the excutable and then he gets open mode "write+read", this blocks all subsequent launches of the executable with a sharing violation ( analyzed in process monitor )
    oplocks are disabled on the server and a capture of network traffic revealed the request for an oplock but it was not granted
    when looking at the machine causing the problem the only thing locking the executable is the executable itself. inside the image of the running executable there are no foreign threads ( antivirus or other )
    i'm stumped and looking for fresh ideas on how to find the culprit

Tim Bosman, Aug 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question