Direct IP Printing \ Package Point and Print

Discussion in 'Windows Networking' started by Kirk Davis, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Kirk Davis

Kirk Davis Guest

Hi Guys,

So heres the situation; we have numerous Canon Multifunction Devices (MFD)
    throughout the enterprise that have their own print servers \ spoolers within
    them. We want to utilise direct IP printing to these machines and publish
    them within Active Directory for the users to find as they require and
    install without requiring elevated privaleges for the installation of the
    drivers.

Does anyone have experience of this? How are you deploying the drivers, this
    is really our issue? We don't really want to include the drivers in our WIM
    image as they will become outdated and we have a lot of device types to
    support. Our infrastructure includes a 14,000 user base across 200+ sites. We
    have SCCM 2007 and AD 2003. I've been looking into Package Point and Print
    but this seems to require a W2K3 + print server which as I mentioned above,
    is not really feasible in our scenario.

Any thoughts \ tips \ pointers appreciated!

Kirk Davis, Jun 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. I recently worked on a project to rollout the Minolta MFP across our province, and the product that we used to provide the pre-configured printer drivers was Ricoh's WBDI (Web Based Driver Installer). The application was pretty cheap if I remember, and it worked like a charm. It allowed us to customize the interface with some code changes, create a multitude of filters, and deliver our IP based printers across the province. There are other WBDI products out there, check em out! Here are a couple of links:[/QUOTE]

Wade Clairmont, Feb 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. I recently worked on a project to rollout the Minolta MFP across our province, and the product that we used to provide the pre-configured printer drivers was Ricoh's WBDI (Web Based Driver Installer). The application was pretty cheap if I remember, and it worked like a charm. It allowed us to customize the interface with some code changes, create a multitude of filters, and deliver our IP based printers across the province. There are other WBDI products out there, check em out! Here are a couple of links:[/QUOTE]

4. I recently worked on a project to rollout the Minolta MFP across our province, and the product that we used to provide the pre-configured printer drivers was Ricoh's WBDI (Web Based Driver Installer). The application was pretty cheap if I remember, and it worked like a charm. It allowed us to customize the interface with some code changes, create a multitude of filters, and deliver our IP based printers across the province. There are other WBDI products out there, check em out! Here are a couple of links:[/QUOTE]

5. Kirk Davis

koolholio

have you considered using the "deployed printers" in AD's group policy management?

mixed with the print management console within 2k3?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    koolholio, Mar 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question