Configuring DWL-700AP through web, but IP not found

Discussion in 'General Networking Discussion' started by Amrazek, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Amrazek

Amrazek

I'm running a wired network currently, all computers connecting to a LinkSys BEFSR81 hub, which is then connected to my DSL modem and to the internet. I'm trying to add a wireless hub to the network (for palm and other small wireless devices), and have got a DWL-700AP for the task. I connected it to the hub and everything works fine -- the wireless devices can access the net with no problem. However, when I try to connect to the AP itself through the web interface (using the IP 192.168.0.50 which should be the default), I am told the address doesn't exist. The rest of the computers are on a range of 192.168.1.10x so I suspect this may be the problem, but I don't know how to solve it. This is an issue since I have no way to configure security for the wireless network.

The hub is configured as a DHCP server and the computers obtain their IP addresses from it, and the wireless hub works fine -- but I simply can't access it. Any ideas?

Amrazek, Nov 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Amrazek

Amrazek

Solution was surprisingly simple :(

I went to my TCP/IP settings and changed it from "Obtain an IP address automatically" to "specify an IP address" and entered 192.168.0.100. I temporarily lost internet connection doing this, but I was able to connect to the DWL without trouble. I made the necessary adjustments and altered its IP, changing the 0 to a 1 (and so it follows the convention of the other computers on my network) and changed my TCP/IP settings back to original, and everything works fine :)

Amrazek, Nov 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question