Configuring 2 wireless networks

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by phuile, Sep 28, 2012.

1. phuile

phuile

I have two wireless networks, each of which has its own modem connection to the Internet (one ADSL, the other cable). I'd like to connect the networks together so that the attached computers can share files and printers across the networks while ensuring that traffic intended for the Internet is properly directed to the appropriate local internet modem. Is there a network configuration that can do this for me? Is it a matter of appropriate IP address schemes? What specific routing info might need to be configured to get it working right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

phuile, Sep 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. phuile

darniss3

pls am a novice here i have a swift wireless network, i have 3 seperate printer in my office but want to ensure all the work are sent to just 1 printer

darniss3, Aug 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. phuile

Atkgn182

Its not going to be as simple to setup as you put it or would like it to happen. What you want to do is router bonding which is going require a specific router that does bonding/load balancing. I suggest you do some research on the above.

Set the printer you want to use as you default printer in your "device and printer settings".

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    Atkgn182, Aug 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question