configure AD at home with DDNS

Discussion in 'Routers and Switches' started by AndrewSchliewe, Apr 17, 2014.

1. AndrewSchliewe

AndrewSchliewe

I am trying to figure out how to setup/configure an Active Directory network on my home network. I have the Netgear R7000 (Nighthawk) that has Dynamic DNS enabled and I have an URL that currently goes to the router when entered into a browser. The router also has VPN and remote management capabilities. To see more about this particular router, you will need to go to the netgear website as I can't as yet post links.

What I'm trying to do is setup an AD network in order to install MS Dynamics CRM, which requires AD as a prereq, in an internet facing deployment configuration to include setting up an Exchange Server. I'm doing this for professional development. I have a Premium MSDN subscription so I have access to pretty much any Microsoft application or OS. Just for CRM, I will have 6 servers running under Hyper-V, a Domain Controller, App Server, Database Server, Exchange Server and 2 Web Servers.

I am by no means a network guru but I do understand the basics of AD.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AndrewSchliewe, Apr 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question