Advice needed: Small office network

Discussion in 'Routers and Switches' started by sandeepbwes, Jan 21, 2015.

1. sandeepbwes

sandeepbwes

Good day

I have a small network setup in my office.

We have internet connection connected to TP Link (150M Wireless Lite N Router Model No. TL-WR740N / TL-WR740ND ) in its WAN

port. This is connected to TP Link (300M Wireless N Gigabit Router Model No. TL-WR1043ND) configured as Access Point.

-------------
    Settings:
    ------------
    • TP Link WR740N (Main Router): LAN IP: 172.16.5.2, DHCP: disabled, Wireless: Disabled
    • TP Link 1043ND (Cofigured as Access Point -AP): LAN IP: 172.16.5.1 DHCP: Enabled, Wireless: Enabled.

We have 10 PCs (including one HP Server with Win2008 R2), one Seagate NAS Server and 1 Mac Air book laptop all part of a

local domain.

1) Win2008 Server and NAS plus two PCs are connected to Main Router through wired cable

2) Mac Laptop and another two PCs are connected to AP wirelessly.

3) AP is connected to two Zyxel Switches which in turn provides connectivity to two sets of 03 PC in each one of them.

Above is the brief description of setup.

Problem is: For last two weeks, my boss owning the Mac Laptop is not able to work properly. Every now and then his system

becomes hanged. (While in home he is not facing any issue).

I tried the diagnosis with process of elimination:
    i) Is there issue with some of systems connected directly to Main Router
    Rem: I think not, otherwise other PCs would have the same problem.

ii) Is it because wireless connection?
    Rem: The two PCs connected to AP are working perfectly.

iii) Is it because of Mac OS - Windows compatibility?
    Rem: Again, had this been the case, the problem would have come up in the first instant. We have this networking setup since

last six months. No issue till 01 Jan 2015!!!

iv) Is it because of some software update?
    Rem: As part of policy, unless absolutely necessary, updates for all computers including Mac is disabled.

v) Could this be a domain problem?
    Rem: Again, all was working till last date of 2014!

Some people advised me to change MTU of his wi-fi settings. Did that but no results. Changed the AP Wireless Channel from auto to 6. No result.

Can anyone help?

sandeepbwes, Jan 21, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question