ADSL bandwidth splitting evenly

Discussion in 'Routers and Switches' started by Grimlock, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Grimlock

Grimlock

Hi guys and gals

I'm new here and I have a question that might be answered here. Please help if you can.

I am looking for a product that can split ADSL bandwidth evenly.

For example: My client has a student home with 8 students living there. He has one ADSL line coming into the house running at 4MB speed. He basically wants to split the line speed so that each student can use a maximum of 512kb speed ensuring that nobody hogs all the bandwidth by downloading movies, videos or watching youtube.

Now I am looking for a product that can do this for me…either a Router or an ADSL router which has this functionality built in.
    HERE'S THE CATCH - Each user will have their own account with an ISP, so they are going to connect via PPOE on their computers

Your help will be much appreciated.

Grimlock, Oct 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Grimlock

jasonelmore

TP Link TL-R470T+ Load Balancing Router fits your criteria. It can set caps per mac address or LAN port, and can load balance up to 4 WAN's even from different ISP's

The best part is it's only $50 bucks on NewEgg.com or Amazon

jasonelmore, Dec 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question