Networking Forums

Networking Forums > Computer Networking > Windows Networking > Windows 2003 file transfer rates

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Windows 2003 file transfer rates

 
 
Mike_STLCC
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-15-2007, 02:39 PM
We have been playing around testing our network throughput. And it seems that
we have an awful performance rate.

Windows 2003 (U160 hard drive) > transfer via Gigabit > Windows 2003 (U160
as well)

File test, 2-3GB ISO's

Results, 200mbps or less, on Avg, 100-125mbps

Ive been looking around for tweaks, but none of them seem to have any effect.
TcpWindowSize, TcpAckFrequency, Tcp1323Opts, etc.

Anyone else seeing results like this, Im almost postive that we should be
seeing at least double the results.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike_STLCC
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Additional Info
Both boxes are Windows 2003 Server Standard R2

We are just transfering via file shares, not ftp.

"Mike_STLCC" wrote:

> We have been playing around testing our network throughput. And it seems that
> we have an awful performance rate.
>
> Windows 2003 (U160 hard drive) > transfer via Gigabit > Windows 2003 (U160
> as well)
>
> File test, 2-3GB ISO's
>
> Results, 200mbps or less, on Avg, 100-125mbps
>
> Ive been looking around for tweaks, but none of them seem to have any effect.
> TcpWindowSize, TcpAckFrequency, Tcp1323Opts, etc.
>
> Anyone else seeing results like this, Im almost postive that we should be
> seeing at least double the results.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Lowery
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Sniff the network traffic yet?

"Mike_STLCC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Additional Info
> Both boxes are Windows 2003 Server Standard R2
>
> We are just transfering via file shares, not ftp.
>
> "Mike_STLCC" wrote:
>
>> We have been playing around testing our network throughput. And it seems that
>> we have an awful performance rate.
>>
>> Windows 2003 (U160 hard drive) > transfer via Gigabit > Windows 2003 (U160
>> as well)
>>
>> File test, 2-3GB ISO's
>>
>> Results, 200mbps or less, on Avg, 100-125mbps
>>
>> Ive been looking around for tweaks, but none of them seem to have any effect.
>> TcpWindowSize, TcpAckFrequency, Tcp1323Opts, etc.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing results like this, Im almost postive that we should be
>> seeing at least double the results.
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike_STLCC
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-15-2007, 04:32 PM
No I dont believe we have, probably wont be able to get around to doing that
till next week due to the workload today.

"Mike Lowery" wrote:

> Sniff the network traffic yet?
>
> "Mike_STLCC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Additional Info
> > Both boxes are Windows 2003 Server Standard R2
> >
> > We are just transfering via file shares, not ftp.
> >
> > "Mike_STLCC" wrote:
> >
> >> We have been playing around testing our network throughput. And it seems that
> >> we have an awful performance rate.
> >>
> >> Windows 2003 (U160 hard drive) > transfer via Gigabit > Windows 2003 (U160
> >> as well)
> >>
> >> File test, 2-3GB ISO's
> >>
> >> Results, 200mbps or less, on Avg, 100-125mbps
> >>
> >> Ive been looking around for tweaks, but none of them seem to have any effect.
> >> TcpWindowSize, TcpAckFrequency, Tcp1323Opts, etc.
> >>
> >> Anyone else seeing results like this, Im almost postive that we should be
> >> seeing at least double the results.
> >>

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless-Slow file transfer from Windows XP to Windows 2003 DC vision07 Windows Networking 1 11-03-2008 06:51 PM
Transfer Rates Farcry Home Networking 3 10-28-2008 02:25 PM
HTTP transfer -> fast. SMB transfer -> slow alec.waters@gmail.com Windows Networking 0 11-14-2006 01:03 PM
Routers & file transfer rates du@hotmail.com Broadband 3 12-05-2004 07:57 PM
100mbps switched network, slow transfer rates. Alastair Grant Linux Networking 2 12-15-2003 12:27 AM