Networking Forums

Networking Forums > Computer Networking > Broadband > unable to access microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

unable to access microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband

 
 
Angus C
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Anyone know why I can't access
microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.

Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other https sites

https://emea.mail.microsoft.com/exchange

This is the link, I just get page cannot be displayed.

Any ideas gratefully received

angusc


--
......


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Rumm
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Angus C wrote:

> Anyone know why I can't access
> microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
> It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.
>
> Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other https sites


Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the was that requires
exposure of the MS networking RPC ports? If so (other than this being a
very dodgy way of accessing remote mail) many ISPs now block these ports
to curtail spread of things like the Blaster worm.

--
Cheers,

John.

/================================================== ===============\
| Internode Ltd - http://www.internode.co.uk |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk |
\================================================= ================/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gareth Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-14-2004, 10:04 AM
In message <fE8Xb.3722$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net>, John Rumm
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> Anyone know why I can't access
>> microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
>> It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.
>> Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other
>>https sites

>
>Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the was that requires
>exposure of the MS networking RPC ports? If so (other than this being a
>very dodgy way of accessing remote mail) many ISPs now block these
>ports to curtail spread of things like the Blaster worm.



Strangely, my work has just changed its MS exchange web access from http
to https because apparently people using NTL couldn't get it to work !?!

I was going to suggest checking with your ISP ..... but you're with BT,
so maybe you could save some time and just turn around and ask the wall
behind you......
;-)

--
__________________________________________________
Personal email for Gareth Jones can be sent to:
'usenet4gareth' followed by an at symbol
followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'
__________________________________________________
 
Reply With Quote
 
Angus C
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-14-2004, 09:29 PM

"Gareth Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <fE8Xb.3722$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net>, John Rumm
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >> Anyone know why I can't access
> >> microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
> >> It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.
> >> Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other
> >>https sites

> >
> >Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the was that requires
> >exposure of the MS networking RPC ports? If so (other than this being a
> >very dodgy way of accessing remote mail) many ISPs now block these
> >ports to curtail spread of things like the Blaster worm.

>
>
> Strangely, my work has just changed its MS exchange web access from http
> to https because apparently people using NTL couldn't get it to work !?!
>
> I was going to suggest checking with your ISP ..... but you're with BT,
> so maybe you could save some time and just turn around and ask the wall
> behind you......
> ;-)
>

many thanks for all your replies.
Tried portscanning too but that just died!




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Outlook Web Access problems with Linux Firewall Oskar Linux Networking 4 03-05-2006 07:58 PM
ISP limitation or MS Outlook / Outlook Express limitation? AMO Broadband 11 09-28-2004 04:14 PM
Unable to ping external web sites but can access it via browser =?Utf-8?B?dGVncmFsZW5z?= Windows Networking 2 05-19-2004 01:43 PM
Can ping web sites...cannot access via web??? Frank Wireless Internet 4 05-13-2004 05:31 PM
Outlook Express on Microsoft Client network Windows Networking 0 04-10-2004 06:05 AM